Nationwide Windows Limited is committed to continual improvement of our quality, health, safety and environmental performance. This will be achieved by setting clear quality, health, safety and environmental objectives and monitoring of performance against the targets set.
Nationwide Windows Limited is committed to:
• Ensuring that all policies (Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental) are understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the company, and by others working on our behalf.
• Periodically review all policy statements and management systems, to ensure that they remain suitable, relevant, adequate, effective, revising and re-issuing where appropriate.
• Bring policy statements and any revisions to the attention of employees, others working on our behalf and interested parties, including making it available to the public,
• Ensure that the necessary resources, including financial support are available for quality, health, safety and environmental initiatives.
• Provide appropriate quality, health, safety and environmental information, instruction, training and supervision for employees and others working on our behalf during routine, unscheduled and emergency situations.
• Identify, assess and eliminate significant quality, safety and environmental impacts, where this is not reasonably practicable reduce the risk while implementing suitable controls.
• Take steps to ensure that all employees and others are aware of the quality, safety and environmental impacts arising from the company’s activities, and also the benefits of improved performance.
• Engage and consult with all relevant parties on quality, health, safety and environmental matters.
It is the policy of Nationwide Windows Limited to maintain a quality system designed to meet the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001 and industry
Standards. ln accordance with this policy, the Company’s aims are:
• To establish a workable Quality Policy that is relevant to the needs of both the Company and its’ Customers and to ensure that it is reviewed for continuous suitability and effectiveness.
• To ensure the promotion of customer focus throughout the organisation
• To supply products and services which conform to specified requirements and to provide objective evidence of such conformance and continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
• To develop, train and maintain a Quality Consciousness amongst all Management, Staff and Operatives, through both formal and informal communications;
• To be perceived as professional within our industry;
The scope of this quality policy and these objectives extend to all activities undertaken by the Company in:
• Manufacture and supply of windows, doors, conservatories and IGUs (insulating glass units);
• Survey and Installation of windows, doors and conservatories;
Design does not form part of the scope, as this responsibility lies with the System Designer, therefore an exclusion applies to the requirement for this part of the standard;
The Nationwide Windows Quality Manual outlines the system of Quality Assurance used in the Company’s activities. The ultimate responsibility for a quality product lies with each and every one of the employees,
Health & Safety
It is the policy of Nationwide Windows Limited to maintain an occupational health and safety system designed to meet the requirements of ‘ISO 45001 and Industry Standards. In particular, Nationwide Windows Limited will:
• Seek to prevent injury, ill health and physical and mental bullying through a commitment to provide safe and healthy working conditions.
• Provide and maintain plant, equipment and machinery. In addition to ensuring the safe storage, use, transportation and disposal of articles substances,
• Commit to consult with workers and encourage participation across all areas of the company.
• Work to ensure a continual improvement of our Occupational Health & Safety management system, supported through the establishment of OH&S objectives.
• Work to ensure OH&S objectives are consistent, measureable and take into account the results of worker consultation. Further to these they will be monitored, communicated and updated as appropriate.
• Commit to eliminate hazards and reduce occupational health and safety risks following the HSE hierarchy of controls.
• Seek to comply with all quality, health, safety and environmental legislation relevant to our activities, including other requirements to which Nationwide Windows is subscribed.
It is the policy of Nationwide Windows Limited to maintain a quality system designed to meet the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001 and industry Standards. In particular, Nationwide Windows Limited will:
• Work to minimise the use of energy, water and other natural resources, including a commitment to divert as much waste from landfill as is practicable.
• Work to protect the environment by minimising water, air, land pollution generated in our business activities
• Work with suppliers, customers and contractors to promote safety and environmental awareness, and the need to work in a socially responsible manner, recognising our responsibilities to any third parties who may he affected by our activities.
The Company’s Quality, Health, Safety and Environnmental Policy is authorised by and has the full commitment of the board of Directors as is confirmed by the signature of Managing Director which appears hereunder, This policy will be reviewed annually.
Managing Director for and on behalf of the Company
Nationwide House74-88 Somers Road Rugby,WarwickshireCV22 7DH
Nationwide Windows Ltd FRN: 668099, 74-88 Somers Road, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 7DH, is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Credit is provided by a Novuna Personal Finance a trading style of Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC who are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN: 704348.
data protection policy
vulnerable person statement
treating customers fairly